OS 20 Grid Ref 119519. This is just off the Banbridge-Waringstown-Lurgan road on the small road through Donaghcloney It is in the townland of Ballynabragget and parish of Donaghcloney The congregation dates from about 1748 and there is an inscription over the door:- "Erected 1750, Rebuilt 1900" The graveyard extends on three sides of the church and is level The oldest recorded date of death is 1817.
Church of Ireland
The parish church is in the centre of Waringstown village in the townland of Magherana and parish of Donaghcloney The church was built in 1689 by William Waring and a north transept was added in 1830, a south aisle in 1858 and a chancel in 1888 The oldest memorial in the church is of 1689 and the oldest gravestone of 1709 The history of the parish is covered in the Rev E D Atkinson's An Uster Parish, being a History of donaghcloney, Dublin, 1898 In this the gravestones in Donaghcloney and Waringstown graveyards are transcribed and all which have survived in the latter have been checked and included here The texts of all the memorials in the church are also given below Atkinson's transcripts are included in Memorials of the Dead The graveyard is in very good order but six of the pre- 1865 stones have been lost during the century, presumably in the tidying process There is an extension to the north side of c1885 All stones with dates of death before 1900 have been included below.
Situated alongside the secondary road from Banbridge to Magheralin, the old parish graveyard is in the townland of the same name It is on a mound forming a strong defensive position above the river Lagan There was probably a church here until the 1641 rising and certainly it was ruinous in 1679 when William Waring decided to build a church at Waringstown Even the foundations of the old church are hard to trace in the wild and rough graveyard The parish registers, dating from 1697, have been preserved in local custody and the oldest surviving gravestone dates from 1707 The Rev E D Atkinson, rector of the parish, wrote An Ulster Parish: being a History of Donaghcloney, published in 1898, and this among much other information contains transcriptions of the gravestones in the two graveyards There are a few omissions and inaccuracies and 8 stones have since disappeared All stones with dates of death before 1900 have been recorded below including those now lost but noted by Atkinson His transcripts are also included in Memotials of the Dead, V, 186-8 and 357-9 There are also a large number of undated grave markers, usually of cast-iron, which have been recorded.