header image header image Login header image Help header image News header image My Account
History From Heasdstones Logo

Graveyard Information

Garvaghy

County : Down

Denomination : Church of Ireland

Graveyard Name : Garvaghy CI

Civil Parish : Garvaghy

Town / Townland : Fedany

OS Reference : J222477

Other Information : OS 28 Grid Ref 222477 This is on a secondary road about 6 miles east of Banbridge, in the parish of Garvaghy and townland of Fedany The present church was built in 1699, repaired in 1780 and modernised since then The graveyard is on all sides of the church with the older stones mainly to the south The oldest dates from about 1723 and all stones with dates of death before 1900 (including one memorial tablet in the church) have been copied.

County : Down

Denomination : Presbyterian

Graveyard Name : Garvaghy Pres

Civil Parish : Garvaghy

Town / Townland : Enagh

OS Reference : J224476

Other Information : OS 28 Grid Ref 224476 This is on a secondary road about 6 miles cast of Banbridge, in the parish of Garvaghy and towniand of Enagh The secession meeting house was erected in 1803 but subsequently demolished to be replaced by a new church on the opposite side of the road in 1904 There is now no trace of the old church but it was in the centre of the enclosure, according to a map of 1860 The graveyard is a rectangular enclosure about 100 yards east of the road with a surrounding screen of tall trees The gravestones are all in the eastern half of the enclosure but it is noticeable that there are very many burial ridges with no headstones as well as a few uninscribed stones The oldest dates from 1819 and all have been copied.

County : Antrim

Denomination :

Graveyard Name : Garvaghy

Civil Parish : Portglenone

Town / Townland : Garvaghy

OS Reference : C985030

County : Tyrone

Denomination : Roman Catholic

Graveyard Name : Garvaghy RC

Civil Parish : Errigal Keerogue

Town / Townland : Garvaghy

OS Reference : H560603


spacer
Website designed by BRSsystems